The main feature of this Interdisciplinary Sciences programme is the great freedom students have in compiling their individual study programme combining subjects ranging from chemistry, physics and biology to computer science, materials, earth and environmental sciences.
ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology graduates acquire the skills necessary for interdisciplinary work in research, teaching, industry, business, and the civil service. Research in rapidly developing areas between the classical disciplines presents unique opportunities.
Depending on the study programme chosen the Master in Interdisciplinary Sciences is furthermore complemented by the specific major as selected by the students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Chemical Physics
- Biophysics and Chemical Physics
- Analytical and Physical Chemistry
- Biophysical Chemistry and Biology
- Molecular Biology and Chemical Physics
- Chemical Physics and Theoretical Physics
- Biophysical and Organic Chemistry
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Chemistry Biology View 16 other Masters in Mathematics in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For admission to the degree programme one of the following is required:
- a university Bachelor’s degree in Interdisciplinary Sciences comprising at least 180 ECTS1 credits or an equivalent university degree in Interdisciplinary Sciences
- a university Bachelor’s degree comprising at least 180 ECTS credits or an equivalent university degree in a discipline of the natural sciences whose content covers the academic prerequisites listed in 1.2. Said disciplines include, in particular: – Biology – Chemistry – Physics
- A Bachelor's degree qualifies its holder for admission to an ETH Master's degree programme only if it also qualifies said holder to enter, without additional requirements, the desired Master's degree programme within the university system where the Bachelor's degree was acquired.
International1324 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 662 EUR per semester during 18 months.
National1324 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 662 EUR per semester during 18 months.
- Tuition fee: CHF 730/Semester
Living costs for Zürich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.