The main feature of this Interdisciplinary Sciences programme is the great freedom students have in compiling their individual study programme combining subjects ranging from chemistry, physics and biology to computer science, materials, earth and environmental sciences.
ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology graduates acquire the skills necessary for interdisciplinary work in research, teaching, industry, business, and the civil service. Research in rapidly developing areas between the classical disciplines presents unique opportunities.
Depending on the study programme chosen the Master in Interdisciplinary Sciences is furthermore complemented by the specific major as selected by the students.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Chemical Physics
- Biophysics and Chemical Physics
- Analytical and Physical Chemistry
- Biophysical Chemistry and Biology
- Molecular Biology and Chemical Physics
- Chemical Physics and Theoretical Physics
- Biophysical and Organic Chemistry
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Chemistry Biology View 40 other Masters in Biology in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology and/or in Switzerland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
For admission to the degree programme one of the following is required:
- a university Bachelor’s degree in Interdisciplinary Sciences comprising at least 180 ECTS1 credits or an equivalent university degree in Interdisciplinary Sciences
- a university Bachelor’s degree comprising at least 180 ECTS credits or an equivalent university degree in a discipline of the natural sciences whose content covers the academic prerequisites listed in 1.2. Said disciplines include, in particular: – Biology – Chemistry – Physics
- A Bachelor's degree qualifies its holder for admission to an ETH Master's degree programme only if it also qualifies said holder to enter, without additional requirements, the desired Master's degree programme within the university system where the Bachelor's degree was acquired.
International1390 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 695 EUR per semester during 18 months.
National1390 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 695 EUR per semester during 18 months.
- tuition fee: CHF 730 per semester
Living costs for Zürich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.