This multidisciplinary master’s degree in Celtic Studies at The University of Wales Trinity Saint David allows students to study a wide variety of subjects in the following fields: early and late medieval history and literature, Welsh language, gender studies, Arthurian literature, folklore, religion, spirituality and iconography.
- No previous knowledge of the Celtic languages is required for this programme, as students study texts in translation and the programme is taught through the medium of English.
- However, students may choose to study Welsh as part of the programme and it is also possible for students who are fluent in Welsh to study their modules entirely through the medium of Welsh [see Astudiaethau Celtaidd (MA)] or receive supervision and communication in Welsh, but opt to write their assignments in English.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Conceptualizing the Celts
- Celtic Arthur and the Mabinogion Tales
- Women in the Middle Ages: sources from the Celtic regions
- Celtic Sanctity, Spirituality and Hagiography
- Welsh for Beginners
- Celtic Revivals: 1700 to the Present
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History View 47 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
- Applicants are expected to have a good first degree (a first or upper second), although candidates with lower degree classifications may be admitted at Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma level, with an opportunity to upgrade to Master's level if satisfactory progress is made.
- Every application is considered on its own merit, so places may be offered on the basis of non-standard entry qualifications and criteria, including maturity, professional qualifications and relevant experience. Applicants with non-standard qualifications are advised to submit a short curriculum vitae with their application form.
- We also welcome applications from members of the Armed Forces and recognise the training and education undertaken whilst serving.
International13340 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13340 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7500 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.