Students will acquire advanced knowledge and skills in the scientific basis and principles of crop plant production, environmental impact of agricultural activity, analysis of specific cropping systems, seeking solutions to practical problems, either in scientific literature or by experimental approach, and adapting appropriate solutions to various situations.
The one-year Plant Sciences program from The Hebrew University of Jerusalem leads to a non-thesis M.Sc. Agri in the field of Plant Sciences specializing in horticulture, field crops and vegetable crops. After successful completion of the first year, qualified graduates can be reviewed for admission to the thesis track for a second year of studies to earn a thesis degree, and continue for a PhD degree either in Israel or elsewhere. Upon completion of their studies, the majority of alumni return to their home countries, where they hold key positions in industry, education, academics, research, NGOs and government organizations.
Career and Networking
NGO’s, local and national government, United Nations, hospitals, industry/business, entrepreneurs, farms, researchers in research institutes, lecturers in universities, consultancy
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Learn from the know-how of Israel’s year-round sustainable agriculture.
- Understand the principles of crop plant production, environmental impact of agricultural activity, and analysis of cropping systems, while seeking solutions to practical problems.
- Learn the fundamentals of plant sciences based on the most recent scientific findings.
- Benefit from the experience of leading scientists in plant sciences.
- Take part in innovative, groundbreaking research in the lab.
- Acquire practical knowledge and hands-on experience.
- Enjoy an international atmosphere, site visits, field trips and cultural events
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
February 28, 2021
Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Environment Open Day
Register here: https://bit.ly/3k7mkql
DisciplinesAgriculture Plant & Crop Sciences View 4 other Masters in Plant & Crop Sciences in Israel
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- B.Sc. degree or equivalent from a recognized university in a relevant field: agriculture, animal sciences, biology, biotechnology, chemistry, ecology, environmental sciences, food sciences, natural sciences, nutritional sciences, plant sciences, etc.
- Knowledge of undergraduate level biochemistry is required in the Nutrition, Animal Sciences and Plant Sciences programs.
- Knowledge of plant sciences is required in the Plant Sciences program.
- Scientific background relevant to the selected study program.
- GPA of 80 or above (B- on the letter scale).
- High level of proficiency in all English skills
- 2-3 letters of recommendation; at least one must be academic.
- Relevant experience is recommended but not mandatory.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.