Students will learn the fundamentals of Animal Sciences based on the most recent scientific findings and understand the “science” behind animal sciences, animal physiology, farm animal production and the environmental impact of agricultural activity. The program also prepares students for participation in doctoral-level programs.
Following graduation, the majority of alumni return to their home countries, where many of them hold key positions in the area of governmental administration of animal production, management of farm animals, farm animal husbandry, and consultation and research in these fields in universities or private institutes. Several of our alumni have chosen to continue their studies towards a PhD degree in leading universities around the world.
The one-year Master of Science in Animal Sciences at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem leads to a non-thesis Master of Science in Agriculture with a major in Animal Sciences. Qualified students may apply to the thesis track for a second year of studies after completing the first year of the program.
AccreditationJoin the Faculty of Agriculture, Food & Environment Virtual Open DayFebruary 28th, 2021Register here - https://bit.ly/2NmDEeE
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The department activities include the following thematic areas:
- Physiology of reproduction (ruminants, poultry and fish);
- Stress physiology: adaptation of farm animals to environmental and other sorts of stress (ruminants and poultry);
- Physiology of lactation;
- Growth and development as affected by environmental impact;
- Aquaculture: reproduction, genetics and aquatic microbiology,
- Physiology of the digestive tract: digestive processes and their control, improvement of digestive tract development and function via embryonic manipulation, improvement of the digestive tract immune system.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesAgriculture Animal Sciences View 4 other Masters in Animal Sciences in Israel
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- B.Sc. degree or equivalent from a recognized university in a relevant field: agriculture, animal sciences, biology, biotechnology, chemistry, ecology, environmental sciences, food sciences, natural sciences, nutritional sciences, plant sciences
- Adequate knowledge of undergraduate level biochemistry is required in the Nutrition, Animal Sciences and Plant Sciences programs.
- Scientific background relevant to the selected study program.
- GPA of 80 or above (B- on the letter scale).
- High level of proficiency in all English skills
- Two-three letters of recommendation; at least one must be academic.
- Relevant experience is recommended but not mandatory.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.