Unique Value Proposition - Why the Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies program at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem ?
In today's world of globalization, mass immigration, religious fundamentalism, and energy dependence, the events taking place in the Middle East have repercussions felt around the world.
Understanding the social, political, economic and religious contexts in which these events unfold has become critical to fields such as national and local government and politics; international law and business; journalism and advocacy; intelligence; and even local education, healthcare, and community leadership.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students come away with critical thinking and writing skills, a multicultural perspective, and a degree from an internationally renowned university.
- Students also benefit from studying in Jerusalem, a city with a rich and complex history and culture, where 35% of the local population are native Arabic speakers.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Religious Studies & Theology Islamic Studies View 6 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in Israel
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree from an internationally accredited university with a minimum 3.2 (B) average or the equivalent. Applicants must also have a demonstrated knowledge of the English language.
- Transcripts and diplomas from all prior university studies
- TOEFL exam score of 80 or above or an IELTS exam score of 6 or above (students who hold degrees from universities at which the sole language of instruction is English may request an exemption)
- Statement of purpose
- Two academic recommendations
- Photocopy of passport ID page or Israel ID card
- Medical form
- S. citizens must submit a signed disclaimer form
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10550 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National10550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10550 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Jerusalem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.