The Spatial Development and Infrastructure Systems Master's degree programme comprises compulsory courses, specialist courses and elective courses. In addition, there is a mandatory semester paper in the form of interdisciplinary group project work. On conclusion of the course, students write a Master’s thesis in their final semester which leads to the degree.
The ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology awards successful students the degree of "Master of Science ETH in Spatial Development and Infrastructure Systems".
To acquire the Master’s degree, certification of at least 120 credits in the corresponding categories is required. Certification within four years of the start of Master's degree studies entitles students to request the Master’s degree.
Students compile an individual curriculum together with their tutor which ensures solid academic training with relevance to practice, and also takes into account the expectations and talents of the individual student.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Compulsory subjects are the following:
- Basics of RE&IS (6 credits)
- Spatial Development and Transformation (3 credits)
- Landscape Planning and Environmental Systems (3 credits)
- Network Infrastructure I (3 credits)
- Transport Systems (6 credits)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission to the degree programme presupposes a university Bachelor’s degree comprising at least 180 ECTS(1 credits, an equivalent university degree, or a Bachelor’s degree from a Swiss university of applied sciences(2 in a qualifying discipline (para. 2) the content of which – also with regard to any additional academic requirements within the given framework – satisfies the pertaining academic prerequisites.
- A university Bachelor’s degree only qualifies the holder for admission to the Master’s degree programme at ETH Zurich if it also allows admission without additional requirements to the desired university Master’s degree programme within the university system in which it was acquired. The Rector may require proof of a university place, and determines whether said proof must be supplied from the original university or from another university in the country where the Bachelor’s degree was acquired.
International1324 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 662 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National1324 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 662 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- Tuition fee: CHF 730/Semester
Living costs for Zürich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.