Features of the Program
- All the lectures, research work, and thesis work will be conducted in English. Students will be expected to learn Japanese language gradually during their stay.
- Students of the Biosphere Sustainability Science program of Hokkaido University will be expected to write a thesis based on research conducted during the course and submit this thesis to examiners in the special program in Biosphere Sustainability Science, Graduate School of Agriculture. A thesis has to be submitted to the examiners with their approval and an oral defense is also required.
- Duration: Master’s course- 2 years, Doctoral course- 3 years. Extension of the duration is not permitted without special circumstances.
- Study area: Applicants for any field related to the subjects for the program (LABORATORIES) will be accepted.
- Number of students to be admitted: The special postgraduate program is approved by
- MEXT (the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and technology, Japan) as one of the International Priority Graduate Programs (Advanced Graduate Courses for International Students), and can recommend 5 students as candidates for the Scholarship by the Japanese Government (MEXT).
- Apart from the above 5 Scholarship students under the special program recommendation, students supported by other Japanese Government Scholarship (University recommendation, Embassy Recommendation etc.) will be selected. Additional students on other sort of financial supports (including self-supported students) are also welcome.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Seminar on Bio-systems Sustainability
- Seminar on Agrobiology
- Seminar on Applied Bioscience
- Seminar on Environmental Resources
- Safety and Function of Food
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must hold (or are expected to receive) a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and have completed at least 16 years of education
- Applicants are required to have a GPA requirement of 2.30 (3.00 as full score) during the last two academic years
- Application fee
- EJU ‘Japanese as a Foreign Language’ 270 or higher (including writing aptitude); total of ‘Science’ + ‘Mathematics’ 265 or higher
- Application Document Screening
- Submission of TOEFL PBT, TOEFL, TOEIC, CAMBRIDGE, IELTS and others examinations deemed equivalent may also be accepted.
International5084 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2542 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National5084 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2542 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- 267,900 yen per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.