Applicants must be registered nurses with a bachelor's degree, normally in nursing, who meet the admission requirements of the UBC Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies. Program graduates develop skills in leadership in professional nursing practice.
The Nursing program offered by University of British Columbia offers opportunities to move directly into doctoral studies.
The School of Nursing has been a leader in knowledge development and scholarship in nursing for almost 100 years. Our master's program alumni are making an impact at local, national, and international levels.
Although we have one of the largest graduate nursing programs in Canada (over 150 MSN students), we offer graduate students an experience as part of a community of scholars characterized by diversity, mutual respect, and integration. Students are making significant contributions to knowledge development through their research projects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ethics& Politics of Nursing
- Research& Evidence Based Practice
- Theoretical Foundations of Nursing Practice
- Methods in Nursing Science
- Leadership in Nursing
- Administrative Leadership in Nursing
- Advanced Practice in Nursing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Application open dates and deadlines for an upcoming intake have not yet been configured in the admissions system.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 248 other Masters in Health Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study. Document submission requirements depend on whether your institution of study is within Canada or outside of Canada.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- This program contains a practicum component for which a criminal record check is required.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International8952 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8952 CAD per year during 24 months.
National5095 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5095 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.