Master’s Programme in Film and Television, major in Film Sound Design train artists and professionals to work as sound designers and sound engineers in all areas of film production.
The aim of the Film and Television - Film Sound Design programme from Aalto University is to improve the student’s skills, especially in the area of sound design. The student gains a greater understanding and mastery of the artistic, production and technical content of his/her professional area by means of course modules and practice work that steadily increases in its level of difficulty.
A graduate from Film Sound Design is able to work in positions of artistic responsibility in feature-length and documentary films.
The goal of the education is to provide the preconditions needed for further studies in the field and lifelong learning.
Sound engineers and sound designers are mainly employed as freelancers and entrepreneurs in film, television, game, advertising film and other television productions.
- Case seminars
- Theme seminars
- Film Music Seminar
- Music Recording
- MA Seminar
- Seminar Trip
- Creator-centred Research and Creator Theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Sound Engineering View 12 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Scanned colour copy of the original Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Scanned colour copy of the original official transcript of study records.
- If you have any other higher education degrees you wish to be taken into consideration in admissions, scanned colour copies of degree certificate and official transcript of records. If documents are not in Finnish, Swedish or English, scanned colour copies of authorised translations are required as well.
- Copy of a valid passport or an official government-issued identification card with photo and information on citizenship.
- Portfolio (electronic)
- Demonstrating proficiency in English
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.