In this context, the demand for communication professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to address these issues has never been greater, despite (or because of) the current economic crisis. The Master in Strategic Communication Management and Public Relations at Pompeu Fabra University offers this knowledge and these skills.
Its syllabus, which has been developed after identifying the needs of modern communication executives, is therefore focused on the acquisition of the basic skills needed in contemporary communication, and contributes to learning about professional practice in various areas: agencies, brand strategy firms, non-profit organizations, public and private companies and government bodies.
By means of practical training, students learn to think strategically, to have a global perspective on communication and public relations, and to become leaders in the digital world.
This master's degree is taught entirely in English, and students obtain a joint degree from the University of Stirling and Pompeu Fabra University. The first semester is taught in Stirling, and the second in Barcelona. Students choose where to study in the third semester, when they prepare their master's degree final project.
It provides its students with the necessary competences to investigate or manage the administration of organizations of all sizes and sectors, and especially relations with stakeholders, the media and public agenda management. It also prepares graduates for a professional or research career in the field of public relations and communication management, with a view to an international career.
- o help students understand the role and opportunities of strategic communication, its connection to business objectives, and its origin in the theories of modern strategic communication.
- To develop students' abilities to think and reflect critically and analytically on the problems and issues of strategic communication.
- To familiarize students with the wide range of communication techniques, and to teach them how to use them in an integrated and strategic manner.
- To provide students with the opportunity to work on problems and opportunities in communication with real clients.
- To encourage students to apply and uphold the principles of professional ethics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Relations and Public Communications. Theories
- Media Relations
- Research for Dissertation
- Strategic Public Relations Planning
- Public Relations and Digital Media
- Public Affairs and Advocacy
- Research and Evaluation for Practice
- Public Diplomacy and Strategic Comunication
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Strategic Management Public Relations View 17 other Masters in Communication Sciences in Spain
A minimum of a second class honours degree (2.1 preferred) or equivalent in a relevant subject. Applicants without these formal qualifications but with significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience are encouraged to apply.
International18645 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18645 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National7700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.