Graduate Diploma in Legal Studies program at University of Canberra will allow professionals who have already completed a degree in another discipline to try post-graduate legal studies and enables them to transition into the UC Juris Doctor (JD). Students graduating from a GDLS will be able to:
- Demonstrate foundational legal knowledge and skills at post-graduate level, enhancing their employment opportunities. The units in the GDLS are also foundational units in the JD.
- Develop practical legal problem-solving and problem prevention skills.
- Ground their legal education in the broader social, historical and economic context and become socially responsible and ethical professionals.
- Develop their advocacy abilities and a wide range of professional legal skills.
- Through UC's close connections with industry, the legal profession and community partners, students will have the opportunity to build their professional network and apply their talents in the real world by opportunities by completing a law internship or research project.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Legal Methods and Skills
- Legal Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Law Public Law Legal Studies View 17 other Masters in Legal Studies in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission is open to graduates Law. Applicants will normally have a Grade Point Average of 5.0 or higher in their undergraduate Law degree or hold qualifications deemed equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National30000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30000 AUD per year during 16 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.