The main goal of the Chemical Biology program is to provide students with training that is at the interface of chemistry, biochemistry and biology, with a primary emphasis on understanding how the chemical biology approach can be used to solve complex biological problems such as the mechanisms of disease, the regulation of biological pathways and the roles of different biomolecules in controlling cellular function (or dysfunction).
At the McMaster University we offer a master degree in Chemical Biology. While research is carried out in a variety of areas, much of the work focusses on the areas of infection, imaging and interfaces. Degrees conferred within the program will require successful completion of a number of courses and a research thesis. Students are expected to make contributions the discipline and disseminate their work through scholarly publications and presentations.
Areas of Research
- Antimicrobial resistance
- Chemical genomics
- Biomolecular interactions
- Biomolecular structure
- dynamics & function
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Natural Products
- Polymers and Organic Materials
- Recent Advance Analyt Chemist
- Solid State Chemistry
- Transition Metal Organometallic Chemistry & Catalysis
- Computational Models for Electronic Structure & Chemical Bonding
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 101 other Masters in Biology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- B+ (B- for Engineering) minimum average, based on a full year equivalent of final year courses (3rd/4th level) relevant to the program
- Each program may set additional/higher requirements
- Degrees and grades from foreign universities are evaluated for their equivalency to McMaster’s. Please contact the program for specific details
- Departments or programs may establish additional requirements, such as scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Admission is competitive
- The admission decision is not subject to appeal
- Applicants who do not meet the above mentioned requirements, should consult the Graduate Calendar to determine the requirements for exceptional cases
International11396 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5698 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National4204 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2102 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.