Our faculty’s research interests cover a wide range: election campaigns and voting behaviour; ethnic conflict within and between states; public administration; provincial politics; aboriginal law and politics; gender and politics; the politics of financial regulation; health care policy and governance; foreign policy; international peace building; the history of international thought; and identity and political theory.
We offer a master degree in Political Science at the Memorial University of Newfoundland. We also have special area expertise in Western and Southern Europe (particularly Italy, Spain and the Balkan states); the United States; and Newfoundland and Labrador. In addition, our MA program offers high-quality training in the methodology of political research.
The quality of our research and teaching is reflected in our programs and our students' successes. Our Graduate Diploma in Political Science provides an opportunity to acquire additional academic credentials at the graduate level without committing to a full master’s program.
- Intro. To Politics and Government
- CRW Politics and Government
- Intro. To Political Theory
- Intro. To Comparative Politics
- Intro. To Public Policy & Administration
- Intro. To Canadian Government and Politics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 42 other Masters in Political Science in Canada
- Online application
- Official transcript(s) (must be submitted by post mail or courier)
- Two (2) letters of appraisal
- Non-refundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional requirements (may be required).
- Prerequisites may be necessary for your program of interest
International Applies to you2148 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1074 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National Applies to you1652 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 826 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.