Graduates of Memorial’s Department of Earth Sciences have gone on to careers in academia, government, and the private sector. This master degree is available at the Memorial University of Newfoundland.
The Province of Newfoundland and Labrador is an excellent natural laboratory in which to study Earth Sciences and many of our courses have field-based components. The cross-section of geology that can be studied in Newfoundland and Labrador is unparalleled and spans a large part of Earth’s history. Our department’s long-standing, excellent reputation is, in part, due to its close proximity to this world-class geology.
Memorial’s Department of Earth Sciences maintains close ties to the mining and petroleum industries of Canada, the USA, and elsewhere. Each year, leading petroleum and mineral exploration companies recruit at Memorial University because of the excellent education and training our students receive, and have taken with them throughout the world.
Research and Teaching
- We are focused on exceptional teaching and research to deliver high quality academic programs and make significant contributions to the world in which we live.
- We are also committed to providing students with opportunities for hands-on learning by way of innovative research projects - in the classroom, in the lab and in the field.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Physics of the Solid Earth
- Crustal Geophysics
- Changes in Global Paleoenvironment
- Tectonic Regimes
- Engineering & Environmental Geology
- Chemical Fluxes in the Earth
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences View 30 other Masters in Earth Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Official transcript(s) (must be submitted by post mail or courier)
- Two (2) letters of appraisal
- Non-refundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional requirements (may be required).
- Prerequisites may be necessary for your program of interest
International2148 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1074 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National1652 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 826 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Tuition (NL students): MSc: $635-$953/semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.