Over 60 graduate students currently work in the Department’s research laboratories. Faculty members’ research interests touch on all major subfields of Chemistry, including analytical, physical, inorganic, organic, theoretical/computational, environmental/marine, and materials.
The MSc program in Chemistry at the Memorial University of Newfoundland involves courses and a thesis and can be completed in two years of full-time study. The program prepares students for careers in government and industrial research, college teaching, and university research and teaching.
Research and Teaching
- The Department of Chemistry at Memorial University is one of the largest and most research active chemistry departments in Atlantic Canada.
- Our 20 faculty members and 10 adjunct or cross-appointed faculty supervise over 80 graduate students who are working on M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in our research laboratories.
- Researchers in our department study all areas of chemistry such as analytical, biological, computational/theoretical, environmental, inorganic, materials, oceans, organic and physical. On an annual basis the department brings in close to $3M in external funding for our research efforts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Our department takes a active interest in the professional development of our students and provides extensive support for a variety of career paths. Some of our students continue in careers in academia after graduating, pursuing careers as professors or researchers at universities.
- Other students pursue careers in industry, government, law, or medicine. Graduate students in our program benefit from special career-preparedness workshops offered by the EDGE program through the School of Graduate Studies.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesChemistry View 57 other Masters in Chemistry in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Official transcript(s) (must be submitted by post mail or courier)
- Two (2) letters of appraisal
- Non-refundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional requirements (may be required).
- Prerequisites may be necessary for your program of interest
International2148 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1074 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National1652 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 826 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Tuition (NL students): MSc: $635-$953/semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.