Approximately 20 researchers from outside Memorial University of Newfoundlan, many employed in government laboratories (agriculture, fisheries, forestry, and wildlife), hold adjunct appointments with the Department and contribute to the graduate program as co-supervisors and supervisory committee members.
Faculty and graduate students of the Biology Department at Memorial University of Newfoundland engage in diverse research in both lab and field settings.
This diversity is broadened through our cross-appointed and adjunct faculty. You can appreciate this diversity by visiting websites of regular, cross-appointed, and adjunct faculty.
Biology is also part of the interdisciplinary Cognitive and Behavioural Ecology (CABE) program, which offers both the M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees. Interested students should apply directly to the CABE program.
Research and Teaching
- The Department of Biology is focused on exceptional teaching and research to deliver high quality academic programs and make significant contributions to the world in which we live.
- We are also committed to providing students with opportunities for hands-on learning by way of innovative research projects - in the classroom, in the lab and in the field.
- Research Topics in Microbiology
- Models in Biology
- Behavioural Ecology and Sociobiology
- Molecular Biology
- Bacterial Genetics
- Marine Benthic Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesBiology View 101 other Masters in Biology in Canada
- Online application
- Official transcript(s) (must be submitted by post mail or courier)
- Two (2) letters of appraisal
- Non-refundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional requirements (may be required).
- Prerequisites may be necessary for your program of interest
International2148 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1074 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National1652 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 826 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Tuition (NL students): MSc: $635-$953/semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.