Students can complete the Digital Experience Innovation program from University of Waterloo in 8 months on a full-time basis, or take the 20-month part-time option designed for working professionals.
Working in virtual teams throughout the program, and developing core projects in close consultation with faculty and industry partners, students in the MDEI program graduate with an adaptable, transferable, and highly marketable set of skills through project-based learning in the following areas:
- Design Thinking and Digital Design Solutions
- User Experience Design
- Applied Management
- Working in Teams
- Marketing Strategy
- Project Management
- Cultural Analysis in the Digital Space
- Working in Teams 1
- Digital Media Solutions 1: Design Principles and Practice
- Principles of Marketing in a Globalized World: Leveraging Digital Technology
- New Perspectives: Media History and Analysis
- Digital Media Solutions 2: Project Management
- Understanding the Consumer Universe: Market Research in Digital Media
- Media Innovation and Impact
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Computer Interaction View 3 other Masters in Human Computer Interaction in Canada
- Successful completion of an Honours Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in a field from humanities, social sciences, science, mathematics, environment, health or engineering, with an average of at least 78% in the final two years of the degree.
- Applications must include demonstration of sufficient academic and/or practical experience and personal suitability. Experienced professionals in the private or public sectors may be considered for admission, but probationary status may be required for the first term of the program.
- The program may also consider applications from mature students who do not meet the regular academic admission requirements of a four-year Honours Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Three references, at least two academic
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 100 (writing 26, speaking 26), IELTS 7.5 (writing 7.0, speaking 7.0)
International23376 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11688 CAD per semester during 8 months.
National10744 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5372 CAD per semester during 8 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.