The general purpose of this program is to provide students with the background and stimulus for critical and original philosophical thoughts. The program is designed to serve both those students who wish to pursue a Doctor of Philosophy degree in philosophy and those students who wish either to terminate their formal philosophical studies with the Master of Arts degree or to integrate a graduate level of study in philosophy with graduate studies in other academic areas.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Great Thinkers of the Ancient Period
- Great Thinkers of the Modern Period
- Symbolic Logic
- Fundamentals of Formal Logic
- Language and Meaning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 182 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
An applicant must meet Graduate School requirements plus these departmental requirements to be considered for admission to the program:
- Undergraduate major in philosophy or other academic background judged suitable by the Department.
- Submission of scores on the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination.
- Three letters of recommendation concerning academic qualifications.
- A sample of written work is recommended but not required.
- Language and Linguistics Concentration only: LINGUIS 464 or an equivalent.
International24898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24898 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National24898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24898 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State11861 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11861 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Minnesota - $18202
- Illinois - $17054
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.