Students who aspire an international experience will not only get this through the collaboration with our international students, but may want to include an Erasmus exchange in the 2nd master.
When students choose for this Biomedical Engineering program at Ghent University and wish to apply for the expert recognition, the topic of the master thesis has to be within the (research) domain of medical radiation physics. Note that, in order to get the formal recognition as expert in radiation physics by the Belgian Federal Agency for Nuclear Control (FANC), students have to do a mandatory clinical training of at least 1 year in the domain for which recognition is asked (i.e. Radiotherapy, Radiology or Nuclear medicine in vivo).
- R&D in industry
- PhD-student (university, research institution, industry)
- Engineer or Medical Physicist in a hospital
- “Regulatory Affairs Manager” in medical industry
- Government/public health
- Notified bodies, Regulatory Affairs Managers,
- Health Insurance
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biomedical Product Development
- Artificial Organs
- Neuro-engineering Science
- Medical Imaging
- Micro- and Nanotechnologies for Medical Device Design
- Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering
- Computational Neurophysiology or Biomechanics
- Data Analytics in Biomedical Engineering
- Biomedical Robotics and Assistive Technologies
- Medical Equipment, Certification and Regulation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Neuroscience General Engineering & Technology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a BSc in Biomedical Engineering UGent, VUB or KU Leuven or a French speaking Belgian university
- You have a BSc in Engineering -> it may still be possible to enter via preparatory program after assessment. We basically want you to get at level with students taking our BSc in Biomedical engineering programs at UGent or VUB, so you can verify the expected requirements.
International5744 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5744 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA962 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 962 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.