The principal focus of our graduate Sociology programs at Carleton University is the organization and development of contemporary societies in comparative context and with particular reference to Canadian society.
A key feature of our graduate programs is that they are student-centred. We feel strongly that students should have the opportunity to fashion for themselves the experience of graduate study that is going to serve them best. We also offer a concentration in Quantitative Methodology.
Our alumni pursue research that often leads them to holding influential positions in the non-academic world and key academic positions in the national and international sociological community. Dozens of former PhD students are now professors across Canada and around the world, with very recent sociology graduates gaining tenure-track jobs at the universities of Victoria, Alberta, Manitoba and Ottawa, among others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Classical Sociological Theory
- Selected Topics in Classical Theory
- Contemporary Sociological Theory
- Selected Topics in Contemporary Theory
- Recurring Debates in Social Thought
- Social Change and Economic Development
- A BA (Honours), or the equivalent, with at least a B+ standing in sociology or a closely related field. Potential applicants are encouraged to contact us for advice about whether their grade point average will be competitive.
- Relevant previous professional experience may be taken into account in determining an applicant’s standing on admission
International15058 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15058 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National6590 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6590 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- National: $6,590 – $8,388
- International: $15,058 – $21,448
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.