The Law Department at Sunderland is well-respected, and our Master of Laws will add to your credentials in an area in which you already practise or are proposing to work.
On this Criminal Law and Procedure course at the University of Sunderland, you’ll undertake two core modules: ‘Criminal Law and Justice’ and ‘International Perspectives in Law’. You will also choose a further two options that match your particular career ambitions and intellectual interests.
- Students develop skills and experience throughout the year working on live client cases in Sunderland Student Law Clinic, with this being the only LPC where course skills are assessed in a live client context
- ‘Internationally excellent' research in Law, according to the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF)
- Allows students to tailor their study based on the area of law they wish to qualify in and provides a number of training opportunities each year to enable students to qualify as a solicitor
This LLM course equips you with advanced skills and knowledge in a specialised area of law.
Salaries of law graduates are among the highest of all graduates, and this course will give you an important edge when applying for roles in the Crown Prosecution Service, police, and prison or probation services.You’ll also be better equipped for applying for training contracts or pupillages if this is appropriate to your career stage.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Legal Skills
- International Perspective in Law
- Criminal Law and Justice
- Legal Research Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Apply at least 6 months in advance .
DisciplinesCriminal Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 347 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United Kingdom
- We require a 2:2 degree in law or a related discipline. We also welcome applications from those with an appropriate level of relevant professional experience.
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.