What you’ll gain from this Finance degree from Nottingham Trent University?
- develop a critical understanding of the role of the finance discipline in a wider organisational context.
- an ability to appreciate contemporary issues, theories and conceptual frameworks used to explain and guide financial activities in organisations both nationally and internationally.
- an ability to apply knowledge, tools and techniques to resolve issues in new and diverse situations within the finance discipline.
- a critical approach in evaluating the rigour and validity of published research and assessing its relevance to the practice of finance.
Careers and employability
At Nottingham Business School, we’re focused on your employability from the start of your postgraduate degree. We provide you with a learning experience that integrates theory and practice.
Graduates from this course have gone onto roles within the public, private and third sector, undertaking positions such as:
- finance executive
- financial analyst
- direct tax accountant
98% of our postgraduates are in work or further study within six months of finishing their degrees (latest Destination of Leavers from Higher Education survey 2016-17).
We have a dedicated Employability Team who not only help you during your time with us but also following graduation, they’ll continue to support you by providing a number of services that will help kick-start your career.
Our Employability Team offer a wide range of support from one-to-one appointments with our specially trained consultants, to arranging recruitment fairs and skill building workshops.
Services they provide include:
- Finding placements, internships and part-time work
- Helping you to pursue self-employment
- Advice on taking gap years and time out
- Information and help on getting into volunteering
- Providing advice on further study.
- Global Financial Markets
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Modelling
- Risk Management
- Corporate Restructuring
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Whilst there is no official deadline, we encourage you to apply as early as possible - bearing in mind the start date shown on your course of interest.
DisciplinesFinance View 722 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
- You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above) containing some evidence of quantitative ability.
- All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career.
- One academic reference is required.
International16400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16400 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9750 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU two years (placement year): £11,135
- International two years (placement year): £17,785
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.