The curriculum of the MSc in Sustainable Architecture at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) is structured around three main concerns related to the environmental impact of the built environment (I semester: environmental performance, II semester: environmental impact and III semester: integrated energy design).
- The MSc programme in Sustainable Architecture lies at the forefront of research, innovation and implementation related to reducing GHG emissions in architecture.
- Learning activities throughout the program are designed in such a way that the students are able to transfer the knowledge gained into their practice as future building professionals.
- The continuous focus on an integrated design methodology throughout the programme enables the students to perform in any building design team, both as co-workers and as leaders.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Throughout the two year duration of the MSc programme, a holistic approach is emphasized which encompasses the many architectural expressions and possibilities within a zero emission built environment.
- Within each of the theory and project courses, high demands are made towards integrated design strategies so as to ensure the usability and synergy of the design with its surroundings and users.
- Throughout the whole programme, the students are continuously trained in interdisciplinary co-operation to better equip them to integrate integrated design methods in their everyday professional practice.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArchitecture Sustainable Development View 11 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Norway
- A first degree (a bachelor's degree) in a relevant field.
- English proficiency.
- Excellent academic performance: A minimum requirement for admission to all programmes is the grade C or better on the ECTS scale. Note that admission is highly competitive.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- There are no tuition fees at NTNU.
Living costs for Trondheim
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.