The MSc is a two-year, full-time programme starting in the autumn semester. There are two main components: a master's thesis worth 60 credits, and theoretical and methodological courses totalling a further 60 credits.
- The MSc in Neuroscience at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) is suitable for students motivated towards research or teaching in neuroscience in particular, or the natural sciences in general.
- The introduction to experimental and analytical methods is relevant to other academic areas as well.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Special Zoo Physiology
- Philosophy of Mind
- Biotechnology and Ethics
- Statistics for Medicine and Health Sciences
- Medical Genetics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- A first degree (a bachelor's degree) in a relevant field.
- English proficiency.
- Excellent academic performance: A minimum requirement for admission to all programmes is the grade C or better on the ECTS scale. Note that admission is highly competitive.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- There are no tuition fees at NTNU.
Living costs for Trondheim
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.