This is an interdisciplinary program focusing on human rights and culture at local, national, regional and international levels.
The Master of Science in Human Rights and Multiculturalism at University of South-Eastern Norway is designed to accommodate students with degrees in different academic disciplines. It is also a post graduate degree course in teacher education.
Because human rights knowledge and awareness of the public issues are crucial elements in the realization of human rights, the study of human rights education and human rights in professional practice are important elements in the program.
Students with a Master's degree in Human Rights and Multiculturalism will be able to work in:
- public services and administration
- humanitarian organisations
- private corporations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical, cultural and religious perspectives on Human rights
- Epistemologies, Research Methodologies and Interdisciplinary research in the Field of Human Rights and Multiculturalism
- National policies and theoretical models of integration, multiculturalism and human rights protection
- Human rights and multiculturalism in international human rights protection
- Human rights education and diversity
- Introduction to Human Rights and Cultural Diversity
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesInternational Law Legal Studies
- A Bachelor's Degree of at least 3 years' duration beyond the minimum requirements for matriculation at a Norwegian institution of higher education, with 90 credits (ECTS) from the Social sciences (broad sense).
- Letter of Motivation
- Copy of Passport
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.