About the programme
The rigorous coursework of the American Studies programme of University of Szeged includes gaining knowledge about theoretical problems and research direction, structure of US history and society in North America, majority and minority populations.
The program develops abilities of analyzing and processing information in a critical manner.
Research areas cover intellectual and cultural history, visual culture and film studies. During the program there is a focus on developing skills of research and publication.
Graduates of the Faculty usually choose their careers in cultural and public administration, the tourist industry, international business companies, teaching, translation, journalism, academia, editing, diplomacy, international relations, media, project management or local government.
Who should apply?
We expect applicants to be interested in the cultures and people of the United States.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- US literatures
- History and culture
- Intellectual history
- Political, popular and visual culture
- Hungarian-US relations, gender, and identity
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesAmerican Studies View 3 other Masters in American Studies in Hungary
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A BA diploma
- International certificate of advanced command of English (TOEFL Score: min. 110 or, TOEFL ITP Score: min 627, or IELTS Band: min. 8 or, Cambridge Advanced English [CAE])
- Other certificate of advanced command of English accepted by the department
- Written document certifying the completion of a minimum of four semesters of studies, instructed in English, accepted by the department
- In exceptional cases, other proof of proficiency equivalent to these accepted by the department
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1900 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1900 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.