About the programme
In the English Studies programme of University of Szeged students are introduced to basic theoretical fields, such as the history and theory of literature, theories of language, the social uses of language, gender studies and the multimediality of culture.
An overview of academic research tools in the information society and the digital humanities is presented during the course of studies, and students participate in interactive seminars, research practice and thesis writing consultations.
Rigorous coursework develops abilities of understanding the human subject in the linguistic, historical and ideological complexities of society.
During the course of the programme, there is a focus on developing skills of academic research, critical thinking, argumentative academic writing, and analytical skills.
Graduates of the Faculty usually pursue careers in cultural and public administration, tourism, media and international business. There is also an opportunity to continue studies in PhD programmes.
Who should apply?
We welcome applicants who are interested in critical thinking, cultural studies and English Studies. Applicants with a BA in American Studies or English Studies are given preference.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History and theory of literature
- Theories of language
- The social uses of language
- Gender studies and the multimediality of culture
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies View 11 other Masters in Language Studies in Hungary
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BA diploma
- International certificate of advanced command of English (TOEFL Score: min. 110 or, TOEFL ITP Score: min 627, or IELTS Band: min. 8 or, Cambridge Advanced English [CAE])
- Other certificate of advanced command of English accepted by the department
- Written document certifying the completion of a minimum of four semesters of studies, instructed in English, accepted by the department
- In exceptional cases, other proof of proficiency equivalent to these accepted by the department
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1900 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1900 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.