The Human Resource Management and Development (International Development) by Distance Learning course from The University of Manchester makes available core elements and insights of the Global Development Institute's (GDI) existing taught master's courses in Human Resource Management and Human Resource Development , enabling participants to obtain a master's degree by distance learning over up to five years without leaving home or interrupting their careers.
Teaching and learning
Participants study on the distance learning degree without leaving home or interrupting their careers. A typical study route would involve completion of four compulsory course units in the first year of study, and completion of the remaining four course units in the second year.A dissertation is undertaken in the first half of the third year.Using this route, participants complete the full master's course in two-and-a-half years. However, the programme is flexible and can accommodate faster or slower study and completion speeds in order to take account of work, family or other personal commitments.For example, after completing teaching period one, students can accelerate their study by spending a twelve-week semester in Manchester, studying alongside students on our face-to-face master's courses.
- The Global Development Institute (GDI) will equip you with the skills for specialist positions in development-related NGOs and public and private organisations. Potential careers include:
- international development;
- non-governmental organisations;
- central and local government;
- project implementation;
- urban and regional development policy;
- human resources;
- information and communication technologies;
- project management;
Students can also slow down, perhaps taking only one course unit rather than two in a particular teaching period, or taking a complete break of a teaching period during which no course units are studied.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses incude:
- Organisational Behaviour
- Organisation Development and Change
- Human Resource Practice
- Research Methods Module
- Core Issues in Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Development
- International Management
- Learning, Training and Development
- 33 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Apply as early as possible as our courses are popular.
DisciplinesInternational Development Human Resource Management View 29 other Masters in International Development in United Kingdom
- You should have a good bachelor's degree (minimum Upper Second (2:1) or international equivalent).
- Some English Language test results are only valid for two years. Your English Language test report must be valid on the start date of the course.
International1280 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1280 GBP per year and a duration of 33 months.
EU/EEA750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 750 GBP per year and a duration of 33 months.
- UK/EU students (per annum): £750 per 15 credits £3,000 dissertation
- International students (per annum): £1,208 per 15 credits £4,836 dissertation
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.