Their ability to provide renewable resources such as food, water and energy is at risk and waning. This calls for specialists and leadership in order to develop and employ managerial, economical, governance, and technical solutions.
The profile of the Master's program in Natural Resources Management and Development at TH Köln (University of Applied Sciences) is application-oriented. The aim is to educate experts in the field of natural resources management. This requires a diversification of their knowledge and leads to the capability of cross-linked thinking. The answer to complex environment related problems requires economic and managerial competencies more than classical technical knowledge.
The consolidation of different disciplines has not only a methodological dimension but also a cultural and a human one since interdisciplinary team work requires capacities of sharing knowledge and effective communication.
Therefore, the study objectives are focused on
- achieving a consistent and fundamental understanding of natural and social systems as a basis for the sustainable management of renewable natural resources;
- defining and analyzing the risks and problems related to inadequate resource uses (land use, overconsumption);
- selecting and applying the appropriate analytical tools, proper policies and management measures in a given economic, cultural, legal and environmental context on national to local scales;
- selecting and applying the available resources allocation mechanisms (economic, spatial and strategic planning, political negotiations) in a problem-solving/oriented manner;
- managing projects and processes related to natural resources management;
- communicating effectively in multi-stakeholder, intercultural environments with all strata of society;
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Double Degree with Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí
- The two years double degree program is offered in Mexico and Germany with Spanish and English as languages of instruction.
- The basic concept of the program is that it is fully based on the two existing Master's programs offered by Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí (UASLP), Mexico and Cologne University of Applied Sciencs; namely the Mexican program “Multidisciplinary Postgraduate Program on Environmental Sciences – PMPCA” and the German program “Natural Resources Management and Development”.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesNatural Resource Management View 16 other Masters in Natural Resource Management in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful applicants to the Master’s program hold an undergraduate degree (at least B.A. or equivalent) in a suitable field, earned at a state or a state-recognized institution of higher education with a final cumulative grade of “satisfactory (3.0)” or better along with the proof of a program-related aptitude.
- The Examination Board decides on the suitability of the undergraduate degree.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.