The Law (GDL) at the BPP University is for non-law graduates, giving you the fundamental legal knowledge and professional skills you need to succeed in your future career as a solicitor or barrister. Non-law (GDL) graduates are often in demand by recruiters as they can offer a diverse range of transferable skills.
Taught by qualified legal professionals, our GDL is designed to help you make a smooth transition into law and enhance your employability.
- Over 60 leading law firms exclusively send their trainee solicitors to study with us
- Learn from qualified solicitors, barristers and judges who can help develop your legal career and have links to employers
- Explore the areas of law that align to your career goals through our GDL Extra lecture series
- Enhance your legal CV with GDL Skills in Practice workshops and working with real clients through our Pro Bono Centre
- Flexible study to fit your commitments – learn full-time, part-time, online or face-to-face at one of our UK study centres
- Pass our GDL and you are guaranteed a place on our Legal Practice Course (LPC), which offers our Career Guarantee+
- Expert support with training contract and pupillage applications, mock interviews and CV advice from our Careers Service
We’re dedicated to making sure you are ready to embark on a successful career in law.
As well as learning legal theory, you will learn how to apply your knowledge and develop your practical legal skills, through dedicated lectures, tutorial objectives and additional workshops.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Constitutional and Administrative Law
- Criminal Law
- English Legal System and Method
- Independent Research Project
- Land Law
- Law of Contract
- Law of Equity and Trusts
- Law of the European Union
- 12 months
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLegal Studies View 137 other Masters in Legal Studies in United Kingdom
The entry requirements to study the Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) at BPP University Law School are:
- Minimum 2:2 honours degree (or equivalent) in any subject from a recognised UK institution
- You are guaranteed a place if your honours degree is a 2:1 or above
- Students without a 2:2 honours degree from the UK or Republic of Ireland are required to evidence that they meet the academic entrance requirements of the relevant professional body. This includes applicants with overseas degrees or mature students without an undergraduate degree
International11590 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11590 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA11590 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11590 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
A student loan, from Future Finance, of between £500 to £40,000 is available to BPP's full and part time GDL students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.