During the Electrical Engineering programme of University of Liège students will develop technical skills to design and build electronic systems meeting the needs of individuals and society, while integrating the potential economic constraints.
The civil engineer at ULiège is able to use his knowledge and understanding of the basics of electricity, electronics and computers to capture, analyze, process and transmit signals and energy.
In particular, he is able to:
- to understand, model and predict the behavior of semiconductor devices from their basic physical principles;
- to realize programmable integrated circuits and to simulate their operation;
- design a basic processor and program it using the basics of system programming;
- to implement the principles of functional programming in a variety of contexts;
- design and develop buried embedded systems by exploiting the understanding of their hardware and software organization;
- exploit the mechanisms of conversion of a physical quantity into an electrical quantity to design sensors and identify the effects caused by their environment;
- to mathematically model a given problem, to identify the different decision variables and to choose those that will be implemented by optimizing a mathematical function;
- to use the fundamentals of control theory to model closed-loop systems and to synthesize different control systems;
- design and build electronic control systems and AC and DC power supplies;
- to understand, model and design analog and digital telecommunications systems;
- use the basic principles of audio and video techniques to record, reproduce and process sounds and image sequences;
- to use probabilistic models and to exploit information coding methods in multiple contexts.
- Linear control systems
- Embedded systems
- Element of power Electronics
- Introduction to electric power and energy systems
- Energy market
- Electric power systems analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering View 11 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in Belgium
- The academic degree of a bachelor in engineering sciences, civil engineering orientation.
- TOEFL or IELTS test scores
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.