- For engineers and geologists already in employment and looking for skills and knowledge enhancement, or geology and engineering graduates keen to specialise in mining, general management and excavation (geotechnics and tunnelling)
- Taught by the internationally established Camborne School of Mines (CSM), a combined mining school and geoscience department
- Have the opportunity to undertake projects directly linked with industry, which may result in industrial placements for their project period.
- Benefit from excellent links with the local and international minerals industry, and learn alongside a cohort of students from around the world.
A unique benefit studying at Camborne School of Mines is the community and relations you will gain both during, and after your studies. Camborne School of Mines has a world-class reputation and excellent alumni network, allowing our graduates to prosper in their respective fields in all corners of the globe:
In addition, a degree form Camborne School of Mines will teach the necessary technical skills and theoretical knowledge required, as well as additional complementary skills relating to communications, teamwork and problem solving. Graduates of this Mining Engineering at The University of Exeter have gone on to enjoy careers as mining engineers, geotechnical engineering, drill and blast engineers, automatic fare collection engineering and geologists. The companies our graduates have gone on to work for range from large companies such as Glencore, Atlas Iron, Vedanta Resources and First Quantum Minerals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Project and Dissertation
- Excavation and Geomechanics
- Economics, Processing & Environment
- Health and Safety in the Extractive Industry
- Project Management
- Underground Construction
- Resource Estimation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We close to applications wishing to join us for study in 2022/2023 on Friday 16 September. We advise international applicants to submit a complete application by mid-July.
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas View 746 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Exeter and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- All applicants are considered individually on merit although we usually require a 2:2 honours degree (or equivalent) in a relevant science or engineering discipline.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK fees per year:
MSc:£12,500 full-time£4,200 part-time (where available)
PgDip:£8,000 (where available)International fees per year:
MSc:£26,500 full-time£8,900 part-time (where available)
PgDip:£18,000 full-time (where available)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.