The Graduate Certificate of TESOL at Macquarie University prepares students for a variety of language teaching contexts in Australia and overseas.
It integrates current theory and practice of TESOL, including teaching methodologies, programming and planning, and linguistics for language teaching. A range of language learners is considered, varying by age, social and cultural backgrounds.
- Qualified teachers obtain a recognised ESL/EAL specialisation.
- New teachers are qualified to teach in a range of language learning institutions.
- The program includes an integrated professional experience unit involving a teaching practicum in a school.
- Flexible study options allow study on campus, online or blended.
- The course provides a pathway to further study in Applied Linguistics and TESOL.
- All teaching staff are qualified TESOL instructors with wide ranging teaching experience and are actively researching areas of TESOL and Applied Linguistics.
Graduates will be able to teach in a variety of Australian and overseas English language teaching contexts, including:
- Australian Migrant English Program (AMEP)
- English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS)
- Primary and secondary schools EAL/ESL programs (for qualified school teachers)
- Overseas language colleges for young, adolescent and adult learners
- Overseas schools as teacher assistants (requirements will vary by country)
- In private companies as language tutors in English for Specific Purposes programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Language Teaching Methodologies
- Planning and Programming in TESOL
- Linguistics and Language Teaching
- Practicum in TESOL
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Linguistics View 207 other Masters in Education in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 083010M
AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent
International16800 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16800 AUD for the full programme during 6 months.
National11200 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11200 AUD for the full programme during 6 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.