The Fine Art course at Kingston University incorporates a taught programme that primarily demands a considerable degree of investigation and experimentation. You will focus on practical and theoretical issues surrounding the development of fine art practice in relation to specific contexts, and will be required to interrogate the positioning of your practice through curatorial intervention and collaboration, providing preparation for professional practice and/or further research. You will also be encouraged to create interdisciplinary alliances and will have the opportunity to work in a variety of environments, both individually and collaboratively.
- This course offers a unique opportunity for artists to develop a major body of practical work that engages with the context of a critical understanding of contemporary fine art practice.
- You will produce self-initiated work from the outset. Individual tutorials, seminar presentations and practical workshops will support your studies.
- The course will enable you to capitalise on the School's existing and well-established networks. We also encourage you to develop your own networks and support structures.
Where this course will take you
Examples of recent graduate destinations for this and similar courses include:
- Commercial Gallery
- Artist collectives
- Artist residencies
- Self-organised artists exhibitions
- Artist spaces – e.g. Beirut, Korea
- Gallery Assistant – International
- PhD programmes – International
- MPhil programmes – International
More informationVisit official programme website
- Theory – Seminar
- Masters Project (Exhibition and Research Publication)
- Integrated Research Project
- Option modules
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, applications will close when the course is full.
DisciplinesLiberal Arts View 132 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United Kingdom
- Applicants should have a good BA(Hons) degree in fine art, architecture, landscape architecture or spatial design; or an equivalent British or overseas qualification.
- We will also consider applicants with relevant work experience.
- We will ask you to upload a portfolio online on receipt of your application.
International17600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17600 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9500 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.