The Social Work program at Monash University provides you with the context, professionalism, knowledge and skills you’ll need as a social worker. Your studies start with the foundations of social work - from the history of social work in Australia, to social policy, welfare systems, and social work research.
With a Monash degree in social work, you will be ready to practice in a range of settings, and work with people of all ages and backgrounds. Social work is a career with strong projected employment growth, and our qualification enables you to practice as a social worker both locally in Australia or around the world.
Social workers empower people and drive important change - whether that’s working one-on-one, as part of a team of professionals, or by shaping policy.
The course is accredited by the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Orientation to practice
- Research for social work practice
- Foundations for social work practice
- Assessment and intervention: Working with families
- Assessment and intervention: Working with communities and groups
- Planning for supervised professional practice placement
- Recovery and trauma in social work – Health and mental practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students can apply for a place anytime throughout the year.
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 58 other Masters in Sociology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Monash University and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- An Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent) with at least a credit (60%) average and at least one year of full-time studies in the social and behavioural sciences
- A Masters program with at least a pass (50%) average which qualifies graduates to register and practice in Allied Health**, Education, Medicine or Nursing.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National26100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26100 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Fees for domestic students: Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.