Nurses are an integral part of any health system and the Master of Nursing Practice at Monash will prepare you for work in healthcare institutions both in Australia and internationally. Upon graduation you will have the knowledge and skills required to become a registered nurse. You can choose to work in a number of specialty areas – such as acute care, paediatrics and medical-surgical nursing.
Successful completion of the course will lead to eligibility for registration as a registered nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) subject to the graduate also meeting the current NMBA Registration standard: English language skills. Registration with the NMBA is a legal requirement for practising as a registered nurse in Australia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary nursing in context
- Nursing leadership and patient safety
- Indigenous health for nursing and midwifery practice
- Contemporary nursing practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students can apply for a place anytime throughout the year.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 72 other Masters in Nursing in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Monash University and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
To be eligible for admission, you must have
- An Australian undergraduate degree (or equivalent excluding an Australian Bachelor of Nursing) with at least a credit (60%) average
All applicants must have completed either:
- one 6 credit point unit of study in human anatomy /physiology or a related area from any recognised tertiary institution
- the Monash Human Biology short course which has been assessed as equivalent to this requirement.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International41000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National31700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31700 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Fees for domestic students: Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.