Our Faculty of over 500 academics is committed to train internationally recognised scholars that are passionate about producing cutting edge research and keen to contribute to their fullest capacity to the betterment of society at large.
A key strength of our research programs lies in their diversity. This is reflected in our academics who are some of the world’s most inspiring and distinguished researchers.
By engaging with different cultural environments and communities around Australia and the world, we make deep connections that empower us to respond to the most pressing issues faced by society today. Whether you want to get ahead in your career faster or improve your knowledge, this Master of Arts by research degree can give you a distinct advantage, offering a huge range of research topic areas to choose from.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research topics are available in most areas of research strength including: Cultural Heritage; Environmental Sustainability; Interpreting Cultures; Philosophy and Bioethics;Social and Cultural Theory; Global Change and Global Security; Health, Wellbeing and Social Change; and Performance.
- Non-traditional research outputs can also be pursued in specialisations in Creative Writing, Music Composition, Music Performance or Theatre Performance.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 36 other Masters in Visual Arts in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS code: 038571G
- a four-year Australian or New Zealand bachelor’s degree with an overall result of upper H2B (a mark of 65 or above) in an honours year (normally with a research component in the fourth year); or
- an Australian or New Zealand master’s preliminary qualification with a significant research component and with an overall result of a minimum upper H2B (a mark of 65 or above); or
- an Australian or New Zealand coursework master’s degree with a significant research component graded at upper H2B (a mark of 65 or above), and an overall result of upper H2B or above; or
- an Australian or New Zealand research master’s degree with an overall result of a minimum upper H2B (a mark of 65 or above); or
- qualifications or experience that GRC considers to be equivalent to, or a satisfactory substitute for, the above.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34700 AUD per year during 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 AUD per year during 24 months.
- This course is supported by the Australian government's Research Training Program (RTP).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.