The Business Information Systems program at Monash University caters to students from a variety of backgrounds. If you do not have previous training in IT, the course includes preparatory units that will give you the IT knowledge needed for the remainder of the course. However, if you already have a degree in IT, you can accelerate your study with an exemption from these preparatory units, or perhaps study further elective units in areas of your choice.
The course gives you an opportunity to explore a wide range of areas, from enterprise systems, information systems design, and business intelligence to IT strategy and project management. If your interests lie in information and knowledge management, you can pursue a specialisation in Archives and Recordkeeping or Librarianship and Information Science, accredited by professional organisations.
Upon successful completion of this course it is expected that you will be able to:
- explain and critically discuss the major theoretical and professional issues in business information systems
- analyse critically a business problem, design IT solutions for such problems and assess their effectiveness
- engage in business information systems practice to a level of depth and sophistication consistent with senior professional practice
- demonstrate professional social, ethical and communication skills in an industry setting, and manage ambiguity and complexity in real-world settings
- communicate findings and the rationale of design solutions to the full range of stakeholders
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Information and knowledge management systems
- IT for management decision making
- Business intelligence modelling
- Enterprise systems
- IT strategy and governance
- Information access and use
- Information organisation
- Recordkeeping informatics
- 18 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership View 280 other Masters in Business Administration in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS code: 079053A
Entry level 1:
- An Australian undergraduate degree, not necessarily in IT, with at least pass a 55% average,or qualification deemed by the faculty to be a satisfactory equivalent.
Entry level 2:An Australian undergraduate degree in a cognate discipline with at least pass a 55% average, relating to information systems or with an information systems major, with completed studies in:
- basic programming
- basic database theory
- systems analysis and design
International42800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 42800 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National33600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33600 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.