We offer a master degree in East European Studies at Freie Universität Berlin.
- One the one hand, they gain introductory and in-depth knowledge in at least one of the five disciplines offered at the Institute of East European studies: history, sociology, culture, politics and economics.
- On the other hand, the students look closely into interdisciplinary issues of regional studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research is focused on contemporary issues related to transformation processes in Eastern Europe and their historical, political and economic backgrounds.
- There are also research foci on cultural studies questions as well as on the exploration of ethno-national conflicts in East European and Eurasian space.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies European Studies Political Science View 30 other Masters in European Studies in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree with a share of at least 60 credit points in political science, sociology, economics, history or cultural studies. Should these ECTS be dispersed among the abovementioned disciplines, at least 40 ECTS must be completed in a single discipline.
- Proof of English language skills (level B2 CEFR).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Students do not pay any tuition fees, the university only charges semester fees and contributions each semester.
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.