Banking and financial services represents a highly competitive and rapidly changing sector in every modern economy.
Changes in customer requirements, technology, competitive conditions and regulation create the need for managers, traders and analysts to make rapid and often far-reaching decisions about their short term operations and long term strategies.
Issues you will tackle as part of the MSc Banking and Finance course at Bangor University include:
- Why are the banking systems in different countries (such as the UK, Germany, Japan and the US) so diverse?
- What determines the structure, performance and efficiency of banking and financial markets?
- Why do banks and financial intermediaries exist?
- What are the main theories of the banking firm?
- How relevant are financial intermediaries in a world of increasing securitization and with the evolution of virtual banking?
- How do banks optimally allocate capital?
- Does bank regulation increase or decrease risks?
- How do we measure the risks undertaken by banks?
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bank Financial Management
- International Financial Markets
- International Banking
- Financial Econometrics
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Strategy and Portfolio Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- The University will accept applications throughout the year, but we would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June (for September intake) or the end of October (for January intake).
DisciplinesEconomics Finance International Business View 525 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Entry to this programme requires a 2(ii) undergraduate degree in a relevant subject, e.g. economics, finance, accounting or management from a university, or a similar qualification from any other institution.
- Alternatively, possession of a suitable professional qualification and relevant practical experience may also be accepted. In general, however, applicants are judged on their individual merits and age, work experience and other factors are also considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.