The ever-changing nature of financial markets, financial institutions and business firms, has made it increasingly important for finance experts including financial managers in multinational companies, investment analysts in securities firms, lending officers in banks and other financial institutions and traders in capital markets and dealing rooms - to have a clear understanding of the theory and practice relating to financial market operations and corporate financial strategy.
Familiarity with the most recent developments in risk appraisal, portfolio analysis, the engineering of synthetic products, modelling techniques, financial analysis and valuation are essential requirements for all those involved directly in financial activities or who wish to gain a deeper understanding of this important area of business management.
Issues you will tackle as part of your MSc Finance programme at Bangor University include:
- What are the relationships between risk and return governing investment in company shares and other derivative instruments?
- Can market risk be priced accurately?
- Can credit risk be priced accurately?
- Which factors are most likely to influence the evaluation and implementation of international investment projects?
- How can we calculate a suitable cost of capital to appraise the capital investment decision?
- How should institutional investors go about constructing a portfolio of assets to maximise returns on behalf of investors?
- How can we assess the investment performance of pension funds, insurance companies and unit trusts?
- How are futures, options, derivatives and swaps used to manage balance sheet and off-balance sheet risks?
- What are the key principles of international portfolio management in a world of fast and unpredictable movements in exchange rates?
- How can spreadsheets be used to develop financial models, and what techniques are required to obtain computational solutions to finance problems?
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Methods
- International Financial Markets
- Credit Risk Analytics
- Market Risk Analytics
- Financial Econometrics
- Investment Strategy and Portfolio Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Students are advised to send their by the end of June (for September intake) or the end of October (for January intake).
DisciplinesFinance Risk Management Actuarial Science View 106 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Entry to the MSc Finance requires a 2(ii) undergraduate degree in a relevant subject, e.g. economics, finance, accounting or management from a university, or a similar qualification from any other institution. Alternatively, possession of a suitable professional qualification and relevant practical experience may also be accepted. In general, however, applicants are judged on their individual merits and age, work experience and other factors are also considered.
- Bangor University also offers International Incorporated Masters Degrees for International students whose academic credentials are different from those outlined above. The first year is studied at the Bangor International College , an embedded College on our University campus and delivered by Oxford International Education Group.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.