The International Business programme delivered at University of Economics in Katowice offers you a unique opportunity to continue your business studies in the international context, with a solid grounding in economics, law, finance and management. You will get familiar with the contemporary issues in the global economy and the conditions of conducting international business operations.
The University of Economics in Katowice's graduates will have developed their managerial competences, getting familiar with the strategic aspects of the functioning of international corporations and capital groups, and enhanced their skills in intercultural management. They should be prepared to manage a company or its specific operations conducted in an international environment.
They may be employed in managerial positions in international corporations, e. g. as CEOs, CFOs, CMOs or Brand Managers, they can oversee PR & Communications or Human Resources. Other interesting career opportunities may include positions in international think tanks, consulting agencies, in advertising, PR or head hunting.
On completing the first year, you will choose one of the two programme modules:
- Corporate Management - recommended to students with a strong background in economics, finance, accounting and management
- Intercultural Management - recommended to students with basic knowledge of economics and management
A foreign degree may also be recognized for the purpose of further studies on the basis of an international agreement.
- International Economics II
- Strategic Management
- International Business Strategy
- Cross-Cultural Management
- Marketing Management
- International Marketing Research
- Business Information Systems
- Global Financial Markets
- International Human Resource Management
- Global Marketing
- International Business Law
- Business Forecasting
- Language for Business I
- Language for Business II
After graduation, you can work as:
- entrepreneur - owner of a company operating on foreign markets
- self-employed specialist in foreign trade
- self-employed consultant of international management
- marketing/finance/accounting/human resources or PR manager in an internationalized company
- foreign trade / export-import department manager in a company
- strategy consultant in international consulting company
The courses are taught by both Polish and foreign experts from Spain, Belgium, France, the USA etc. who are actively involved in research in the area of international business. There is also a chance to meet practitioners from local and international companies during study visits or guest lectures.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInternational Business Risk Management Strategic Management View 30 other Masters in International Business in Poland
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Economics in Katowice and/or in Poland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Admission is based on the results of the online interview. We are looking for the students who we believe have the most academic ability and potential, are best suited to the course applied for, and who will benefit from the learning environment we have to offer at the University of Economics in Katowice. It is also an opportunity for candidates to expand on some elements of their application and to demonstrate their interest in and commitment to the subject.
International2508 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1254 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- Application fee 85PLN
- Semester tuition fee for Polish, holders of Polish Card, EU students and others 2400 PLN
- Semester tuition fee for foreign students 6000 PLN.
Living costs for Katowice
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
There are various scholarships and funds available to our students both at the university as well as other institutions and foundations. Here you can find information about some forms of financial aid we recommend. You can apply for a scholarship or other form of allowance at the International Office.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.