- What is International Migration and Ethnic Relations about?
The master’s programme in International Migration and Ethnic Relations (One-Year) offered by Malmö University focuses on: current international developments and research perspectives in migration and ethnic relations; the effects of globalisation and human mobility on societies, groups and individuals; the social and political adaptation and integration of ethnic minorities in different societies; issues of inclusion and exclusion of immigrants; majority-minority relations; philosophical and ethical perspectives on life in diverse and complex societies.
- What makes International Migration and Ethnic Relations unique?
This master's programme teaches you how to conduct in-depth analysis, evaluate policies and criticise and critique migration-related policies.You should expect research-based training and an interdisciplinary outlook that links social sciences with humanities.
- What career will I be prepared for?
Understanding the complexities of international migration and ethnic relations is essential to ensure reflective decision-making in a variety of fields, for example, international organisations, academia, national and local governments, NGOs, and the media. Students who have completed the programme are also eligible to apply for PhD studies.
- International Migration, Inclusion and Exclusion
- Identity and Ethnicity in a Global Community
- Theory of Science and Research Methodology
- IMER Master (one-year) Thesis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , Local
DisciplinesEthnic Studies International Relations View 14 other Masters in International Relations in Sweden
General requirementsAdmission requirements:
- Degree of Bachelor in Social Sciences or Humanities
- General eligibility + the equivalent of English course B from Swedish secondary school.
- Applicants are selected in order according to precedence from submitted two-part supporting document.
International7607 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7607 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Full tuition Fee: 80.000 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.