- Meet the British Psychological Society's (BPS) Stage 1 requirements for progression to becoming a Health Psychologist.
- Gain knowledge, skills, values and academic approach to secure employment or career development within a variety of health-related settings.
- Choose to study full or part-time through active, independent learning.
Successfully completing the course provides you with the skills to progress onto Stage 2 Health Psychology training including the BPS accredited Doctoral Programme in Health Psychology, which confers eligibility for registration as a Practitioner Health Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council.
This Health Psychology course from Sheffield Hallam University prepares you for a career in:
- psychology practitioner
- psychology academic
- public health
- health promotion
More informationVisit official programme website
- Applications And Practice Of Health Psychology
- Client Groups And Stakeholders
- Health Cognitions And Behaviour
- Health Psychology Research Project
- Healthcare Contexts: Work Based Reflection
- Introduction To Research Methods
- Perspectives, Contexts And Issues In Health Research And Practice
- Psychobiological Determinants Of Health
- Research Methods And Measurement Issues In Health Psychology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences View 1232 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Applicants need one of the following
- BSc or BA Psychology giving Graduate Basis for Chartership (GBC) of the British Psychological Society (BPS) with a 2.1 or above
- GBC by an alternative route, for example by examination, or by BPS acceptance of an overseas psychology degree.
Applications from students who have achieved a 2.2 psychology degree will be considered by the course leadership team. Where there is evidence that at least two of the following criteria have been met the applicant may be offered a place on the course. You may also be able to claim credit points which can reduce the amount of time it takes to complete your qualification at Sheffield Hallam.
International13905 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13905 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7420 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7420 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.