The Advanced Catalysis and Molecular Modelling programme at University of Girona trains students for successful industrial careers working with different catalytic processes or for careers in research laboratories. Knowledge about homogeneous catalytic synthesis can be applied to other synthetic chemical processes, in organic, inorganic, organometallic or bioinorganic chemistry. Likewise, computational chemistry and how it can be applied to studying the structure of catalysers and the catalytic reaction mechanism can be extrapolated to practically any area.
In this master’s programme English is used exclusively so that students learn the terminology related to catalytic chemistry and how to use it at the international level, which is a great advantage in both industry and research. The students must be fully competent in writing and speaking in English when they finish the programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Catalysis
- Fundamentals of computational chemistry
- Structural and spectroscopic characterization
- Reaction mechanisms
- Communication techniques and technology transfer
- Challenges in modern organic synthesis
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Candidates must hold a national diploma awarding the grade of Bachelor’s Degree in a field that is compatible with that of the chosen Master’s Degree course, or an equivalent title.
- The official B.Sc. degree with direct access to the Master is Chemistry. Students holding related B.Sc. Degrees such as Pharmacy, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering or Material Science can also access the Master, provided they have proven knowledge in Organic Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics and Thermodynamics
- English knowledge equivalent to B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference of Languages is required. B2.1 level achieved after completion of B.Sc in Catalan Universities is also accepted.
International65 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 65 EUR per credit and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA46 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 46 EUR per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.