About the education
Courses and competencies in focus
The programme focuses on the technology of smart energy solutions in the built environment, as well as on principles for the successful implementation of these. In the first semester of the Energy Smart Innovation in the Built Environment programme of Halmstad University, you take joint courses in the programme's main field of study. In this way, students acquire a common knowledge base on construction and energy technology. This is followed by courses aimed at deeper technical knowledge, as well as knowledge of innovation processes linked to the implementation of energy solutions in the built environment.
The programme is conducted in English.
After the education
The program leads to a Degree of Master of Science (120 credits) with a major in Construction Engineering with specialisation in Renewable Energy.
Opportunities for further studies
After the programme, you are qualified to apply for doctoral and PhD studies, for example in the University's own third cycle courses.
- Energy Efficiency and Moisture Control in Buildings
- Scientific Methods and Academic Writing
- Construction Innovation and Change Management
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Management of Innovation Projects
- Heating, Cooling and Indoor Climate
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Sustainable Energy Environmental Sciences View 17 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree (equivalent of 180 Swedish credit points/ECTS credits at an accredited university) in Building Technology, Energy Engineering, Mechanical Engineering. Including courses of 7.5 credits within the field of Building Technology, 7.5 credits Project Management, 7.5 credits Engineering Mechanics and 7.5 credits Applied Physics or the equivalent, and 22.5 credits Mathematics.
- Applicants must have written and verbal command of the English language equivalent to English course 6 in Swedish Upper-Secondary School.
International14040 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28081 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- 288,000 SEK per full programme
Living costs for Halmstad
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.