Designed to give you a solid foundational knowledge in the core areas of psychology, particularly as applied within a developmental context, this course covers the core areas of psychology as identified by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and provides a graduate basis for chartered membership of the society (GBC).
- This Developmental Psychology course at Sheffield Hallam University is appropriate for those interested in careers in teaching and in working with specific age groups.
- Previous graduates have gone on to apply for both educational and clinical psychology training posts as well as PhDs.
- Other alumni have also used the course to progress in their current positions or to change career entirely, such as working with children.
This course is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and confers eligibility for the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC), provided you achieve an overall mark of at least 50 per cent and pass your dissertation. This is the first step towards becoming a Chartered Psychologist.
- Cognitive Development And Psychobiology
- Psychology Of Differential Development
- Psychology Of Social Development
- Research Dissertation And Continuing Professional Development
- Research Issues In Applied Developmental Psychology
- Advanced Statistics And Design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Childhood Studies View 837 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 degree or above or equivalent in any subject.
- We may consider graduates with relevant work experience.
- If you do not have these qualifications, or you are unsure whether you have the equivalent, please contact us.
International16385 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16385 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9910 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9910 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.