With this Sports and Exercise Therapy from Leeds Beckett University you will study the theories which underpin the practical application of sports therapy. You will have access to the University's specialist resources and be able to draw on the considerable expertise of our sport and health academics to further hone your knowledge.
You will have the opportunity to apply your learning and sharpen your practical skills on several placements. You could refine your expertise in the assessment, treatment and management of injuries working in a private practice, with the University's sports teams or with elite-level athletes and professional sports clubs.
You could work as a sports therapist for professional sports teams, in clinics, in fitness clubs or for education providers such as colleges and universities delivering related disciplines. Alternatively, you could choose to work as a self-employed sports therapist working across the sports and leisure industry.
- Sports Therapist
- Sports Coach
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Anatomical, Assessment & Examination
- Skills & Practice for Sports & Exercise Therapy
- Sports Trauma Management
- Sports Injury Management & Rehabilitation
- Research in Practice (Dissertation)
- Placements within Sports & Exercise Therapy Contexts
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Sports Sciences Kinesiology View 366 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Leeds Beckett University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subjects of Physiotherapy, Sports Science, Sport and Exercise Science or Sports Therapy, at least a second class honours degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment. All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional; you can download our reference template for completion. All applicants should satisfy our University English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.