As part of your course you’ll:
- Evaluate psychological theories
- Examine issues such as self-determination, psychological resilience and the effects of exercise on mood
- Analyse biological, cultural and environmental factors that can influence sport performance and physical activity
- Develop professional competencies linked to the pursuit of a career as a Chartered Sport and Exercise Psychologist
During the course, you'll benefit from the expertise and knowledge of our staff, studying at a university that is passionate about sport.
A member of our experienced course team will be on hand to support you throughout your learning journey, offering personalised advice to aid your professional development and help you realise your career aspirations.
Following successful completion of this Sport and Exercise Psychology at Leeds Beckett University , you will be well placed to undertake further studies which will enable you to use the protected professional titles of Sport & Exercise Psychologist, Registered Psychologist or Practitioner Psychologist. (Please refer to our MSc Psychology of Sport & Exercise course for further details.) If you are already working in the field of sport and exercise psychology, this qualification will enhance your expertise and career prospects in your specialist area.
- Sport and exercise scientist
- Performance lifestyle adviser
- Lecturer/Researcher in Higher Education
- Exercise intervention facilitator
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Issues in Sport Psychology
- Psychology of Exercise & Health
- Psychosocial Development in Sport & Exercise
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesPsychology Sports Sciences View 841 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have a second class honours degree in the cognate subjects of Sport & Exercise Science, Physical Sciences, Physical Activity, Health Sciences, Psychology, Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy, Sports Coaching, Physical Education or Medicine, a second class honours degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National945 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 945 GBP per module during 12 months.
- PT UK: £945 for each 20 credit point module
- Part-time rates for international students are not automatically displayed as there are specific visa requirements which generally limit students to study in the UK on a full-time basis.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.