To support your career goals, you’ll have the opportunity to gain practical experience working with a range of clients, from recreational to elite performers, across a variety of sporting pursuits. This hands-on approach will aid your professional development, enhancing your understanding of ethical and evidence-informed practice.
The Psychology of Sport and Exercise at Leeds Beckett University makes you eligible for stage 2 of the qualification in Sport & Exercise Psychology and after completing BPS Stage 1 and Stage 2 qualifications, you’ll be able to use the titles of Sport and Exercise Psychologist, Registered Psychologist or Practitioner Psychologist. Members of our highly experienced team are qualified to provide BPS Stage 2 supervision.
There is a growing demand for qualified sport and exercise psychologists. Following successful completion of this course, you could complete or work towards completing the BPS Stage 2 Qualification in Sport and Exercise Psychology, after which you will be able to use the titles of Chartered Sport and Exercise Psychologist, Registered Psychologist or Practitioner Psychologist.
- Practitioner Sport and Exercise Psychologist
- Physical Activity Behaviour Specialist
- Lecturer/Researcher in Higher Education
- Academic Journalist/Publisher
Accredited by The British Psychological Society (BPS)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Issues in Sport Psychology
- Psychology of Exercise & Health
- Professional Practice in Sport & Exercise Psychology
- Learning & Development in Sport & Exercise
- Research Methods
- Major Independent Study
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesPsychology Sports Sciences View 752 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have a second class honours degree in the cognate subjects of Sport & Exercise Science, Physical Sciences, Physical Activity, Health Sciences, Psychology, Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy, Sports Coaching, Physical Education or Medicine, a second class honours degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment. All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional; you can download our reference template for completion. All applicants should satisfy our University English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
There are ways you may be able to fund your course. Here are a few options:
- Gain sponsorship from a Government body in your country
- Apply for a Commonwealth or Chevening Scholarship
- A Leeds Beckett Scholarship to cover some of your course fees
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.